Would you like to create a blog of your very own blog?
Maybe you’ve already started a WordPress blog and do not like the way it works. There are many different ways to provide your site or blog more appealing to visitors.
Use the following suggestions to help you create a better WordPress blog:
- Choose a unique design that is individualized for your WordPress site. Although it can save time to use a standard design, it will make your website look more personalised. You should have a design that evidences your own creativity.
- Clean up long titles as you construct the permalink. For example, “Ten Ways Smart Parents Can Tame Their Children” would come across as a cumbersome, long URL. You can change that to include only the keywords.
- Become familiar with the options and tools available to use with WordPress. For instance, clicking the Science & Technology will give you choices such as importing and formatting posts. This can help you control several formatting features.
- Make sure that you learn everything you can prior to installing it. Learn about SEO, content creation, and how to use WordPress to its fullest advantage to ensure you aren’t struggling when you get to work.
- Get rid of special characters from URLs. They make it hard for search engines to “spider” and should be removed. It is also useful to use shorter URLs that contain the necessary keywords.
- Do you posts garner lots of people who comment on your posts? If that is the case, it can be hard to sort through them all. You can install a plugin that will put page numbers into this for you. This will improve your blog’s navigation and give your website a more organised site that is easier to navigate.
- Be sure that your readers can forward your posts to themselves if they like. This is essential so that they can easily share these articles with others. You can use the Email plugin in WordPress to do this by using a WP-Email plugin.
- Do not make something generic like “admin” when it comes to your username. Bots will attack a blog that has “administrator” or “admin” as a username. This is a huge security of your site. Go to your page of users and remove usernames that contain “administrator” or “admin”.
- Use descriptions that have targeted keywords. These are a few of the first things visitors see when discovering your site from an Internet search. Scribe is a great piece of software that you can use to gain control over this. This will allow you to edit pages to gain more visitors.
- Make sure that your library of media is organised. While putting a bunch of pictures right into the library might seem the way to go at first, chaos can set in. Start off with a good folder structure and be sure to file your images correctly.
- Only install WordPress plugins that you really need. Plugins are totally fun, but each one slows your load time a little bit more. A slow site can negatively impact your search engines. Slow sites do not do as well in the SERPs as ones that are optimized for performance.
- Always save a backup of your blog. This should be done on a regular process for you. Xcloner is a great plugin designed just for this purpose. Back your website up in multiple locations. It would be pretty depressing to lose your whole blog.
- You can schedule blog posts to appear in WordPress. You can be sure that they are posted on a regular schedule even if you are not there. You can easily do this by tapping into the Publish command located on your edit screen. Input your times using military time, along with the days, month, and year that you want your post to be published. Check “Schedule For” page and press “Schedule.”
- Read user reviews when searching for new plugins. Keep in mind that plugins can slow down your site if care is not taken. You want to avoid downloading a lot of flaws or bugs plugins? A plugin that has numerous downloads and high rating is usually a safe one to use.
- Are you tired of WordPress clutter? Turn off some boxes that are on your pages. Click that link to get a drop-down menu which helps you can turn boxes on and off.
- You need to enable comments for your site. This builds a community and gives you connections with your site. You can get plugins that filter out spam and allow you to approve comments before they are published.
It takes some skill and know-how to create a successful blog. Understanding what good content and plugins really are is what makes for a standout blog. Hopefully, this article has been some help. Now you will be able to use that know-how to boost interest.